Apply for Ration Card:Punjab
Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab
Scope of Service
To issue a Ration Card including addition, deletion and transfer of members
Any person who is an adult can get a Ration Card made.
Conditions for obtaining a Ration Card and Endorsement for B.P.L and A.A.Y. (ANTYODAYA ANNA YOJNA)(Under the provisions of the Punjab Public Distribution System (Licensing and Control Order, 2003)
- An application form attested by Sarpanch, Gazetted Officer, etc., as prescribed by the issuing authority, from time to time.
- An application to be submitted to the District Food and Supplies Controller.
- An application must be submitted along with the surrender/ deletion certificate or the Birth Certificate, as the case may be.
- Two photographs.
- Concerned District Food and Supplies Controller is competent to endorse for B.P.L. and A.A.Y. as prescribed by the Govt. from time to time.
- At present following the subsidised foodgrains/ commodities are provided:
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) Scheme: At present 35 kgs of wheat under this scheme are being distributed to cardholders @ Rs.4.27 per kg per family per month; 4,30,000 families have been covered under this scheme in the State.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojna (AAY) Scheme: Under this scheme, 35 kgs of wheat are being provided to the AAY cardholders @ Rs. 2.00 per kg per family per month to the 71.700 AAY families.
- Above Poverty Line (APL) Scheme: Under this scheme, 48,89,189 families have been covered. At present, 35 kgs of wheat are being provided to APL cardholders @ Rs.5.27 per kg per family per month.
- Levy Sugar: Levy sugar is being distributed to BPL cardholders @ Rs.13.50 per kg on the basis of 500 gm levy sugar per individual per month.
- Kerosene Oil: In the State of Punjab, 28,915 K.Ltrs of kerosene oil are being given monthly to 29,35,521 consumers @ Rs.10.50 per ltr. at the scale of 8 litres for rural areas and 10 litres for urban areas to cardholders having no gas connection. Cardholders having a gas connection with a single cylinder are eligible only for 3 litres.
Step by Step Procedure
- The form can be obtained from the Food & Supplies Officer, the Assistant Food & Supplies Officer and the Inspector Food & Supplies from the concerned centres.
- The form must be verified by the Sarpanch/Panch/Municipal Councillor/any Gazetted Officer.
- In the office of FSO/ AFSO/ IFO, the application form is diarised in the Receipt Register.
- Within a week, the Ration Card is handed over to the applicant.
Check List of Documents
- Three passport-sized family group photographs are to be attached.
- Verification is to be made by the Sarpanch/Panch/M.C./any Gazetted Officer.
- A Surrender Certificate is required for making a new Ration Card.
Verification is to be done by the AFSO/Inspector Grade-I/Inspector G-II.
Prescribed Time Schedule
On receipt of the application form, it is diarised and the process is started and Ration Cards are prepared within a week's time.
Addresses of concerned officers
- District Controller, Food & Supplies/Food & Supplies Officer/AFSO
- Director, Food & supplies, and the Deputy Commissioner of the Respective District
Forms D-I and D-III (Ration Card Book) are given free of cost.
Ration Cards are made by the FSO/AFSO/Inspector Food & Supplies G-I.
Source: National Portal Content Management Team (Punjab, null)